Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trafficking

Our college writing class has been assigned to research a topic, the topic my group chose is trafficking women in different countries. I am going to take a break on writing about "How to be a Lady", and begin to focus more on what I'm learning about while I am working on my paper. Trafficking is a form of modern day slavery. Trafficking includes buying, selling, and moving people against their will to different locations. They could be forced to sell drugs or to have sex with others for money. I had no idea that women were being forced to being trafficked in the United States. It is estimated 14,500 to 17,500 women are trafficked in the United States annually. I am completly stunned at those numbers. I found a really interesting website about trafficking in the USA. It has a lot of great information on it. It is crazy to think that you might have been driving home one night and see a woman dressed in revealing attire and not think anything of it. Maybe you just think it was her choice to exploit her body to men, but maybe, just maybe, she does'nt have a choice and she is being forced to do it. I am really excited to learn more about my topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment