Sunday, November 8, 2009

Trafficking Post Two!

I have learned so much already! I was so clueless about trafficking women. In this blog I would like to discuss what are the causes of trafficking women. The United Nations believes there are over 4 million women trafficked yearly, which results in a seven billion dollar profit for the criminals. Men are willing to pay a lot of money to sexually, physically, and mentally abuse these women. That is why a ton of the poorer countries are taking part in this. Also, a lot of these countries do not have many laws set up to prevent trafficking. Another reason trafficking is becoming more popular is because women are seen as lesser than the male, therefore, making it easier for women to be objectified. There is a really cool website I found that gives a bunch of different countries and it says why it is such a big deal there and what is being done to prevent it. This website has been a huge help to me. Here it is! http://www.humantrafficking.org/ Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I think it's horrible that this is happening to women.


    How many people are affected from this?

    Is there ways for women to protect themselves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that so many women were going through this, it's terrible. I had no idea what trafficking was, and it is very interesting to read your blog on this topic. Also the website you posted with it was interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Taylor this is a strong topic. Is poorer a word? lol. I read your paper and I think it has great potential. It seems that women and children are the ones being abused more around the world. I think it's really sad because without women and children, men are nothing. I think this happeneds because of our vunerability (I don't know how to spell). I can't wait untill this paper is due!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, have you done any commenting on our paper yet? I saw that Carly talked about a couple things, but haven't seen anything from the other members in your group.

    ReplyDelete